Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Re: The United States in Full Thrust

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 16:06:03 -0400
Subject: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

Laserlight wrote:

> > Is Turkey independent like the Netherlands and Japan?
>
> A Turkish coworker said he couldn't visualize going with IF or FSE.
> Of course, I have a hard time imagining the UK subduing an unruly US.

It depends on how unruly the disorganised US is and how much popular
support is enjoyed by whoever is governing the americans.  Most people
will tolerate any system of government that allows them to keep body and
soul together in some degree of comfort.  While a Canadian/UK governor
would not try to ensure Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness,
their mania for Peace, Order, and Good Government would be welcome
relief
from despotry.	While few americans would relish the idea of being
governed by a foreign monarch (even if he/she is required to pick
advisors from elected representatives), it would be more preferable than
a native born tyrant that governed through fear.

Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust