Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: [SG] Ghillie suits

Re: The United States in Full Thrust

From: "Don M" <madd@v...>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 00:52:47 -0500
Subject: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

  You know I'm pretty sure members of the Israeli army (for example)
felt the same way when the Aussie and other peace keeping forces were
sent in to try and calm the Middle east down back when I was in high
school.

  And I'm sure they did when I did peace keeping in the Sinai in 79 but
I think the circumstances are some what different...........

  Of all the choices which one are you more likely to "be part of"???
The ESU? Based on the image of the USA culture that we are fed here its
still very Anglified, the US and UK are the major powers of NATO, two of
the strongest members of the G7 (or G8 or whatever it is these days),
according to the tabloids the US is "apparently" obcessed with the
British Royal family, the two countries still share a lot of history,
interests, an official language and many ways of doing things.

  None of the above, historically Americans are and to this day
basically isolationists.
  I as a solider talking to US civilians have been asked time and again
about some place
  I have just returned from or that I was heading to if indeed we had
troops in that location.
  the thing is most of our citizens are blissfully unaware. And many
times I was asked by
  these same people why are we here our there and that we shouldn't be.

  Sometimes not even the strongest ideas can stop the roll of history.
I'm not saying the GZGverse is likely, its a bit of fun, but there are
many falls from power that were unimagineable in anything but hindsight
;)

  Well the natural human tendency is to believe that these are the worse
  times, i.e. Socrates quote about the youth of his day lol. I think if
the
  UK, USA and the rest survived the great depression and W.W.II we all
should
  make it through most anything.

  > To we in the USA it is hard  to see that,
  >although true. The idea of a King
  >or Queen goes against the grain............
  >haven't had one in over 200 years.

  Well like I said according to those dastardly tabloids you've never
really let go..... and then there's the Kennedy's ;P
  <Beth heads for the bunker before she really gets shelled>

   Ok you got me lol! ( I say this as an artillerymen you are safe from
me lol)

  Have fun......................always do! Don M

Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: [SG] Ghillie suits