Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: FT-Wave guns and the ilk.

Re: A non-NAC break-away republic

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 13:04:02 +1000
Subject: Re: A non-NAC break-away republic

G'day Andy,

 >Kwa'Zulu reinstituted universal military service for males.....
 >Satisfactory completion of this service is
 >mandatory for citizen rights such as voting, property ownership and
 >marriage.

Is this based on traditional values (I'm sorry I don't know anything
about
Zulu culture)? And does this mean that women aren't citizens? Or do the
women have some similar "community service" or are they free to do as
they
please or are they restricted to "home duties" only??

I'm not trying to start a PC argument I'm honestly curious as to why a
small nation is ignoring half its potential force. Traditional beliefs
would admittedly be one reason I could see it happening.

Prev: Re: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: FT-Wave guns and the ilk.