Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Grub Ships Next: A non-NAC break-away republic

Re: Subject: Terrain

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:35:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Subject: Terrain

***
It's called "static grass" because the material can hold a static
charge.  There are squeeze-bulb applicators designed to impart a
charge on the charge as it is applied to help it stand up.  I don't
worry about it much, although I do follow a tip I read and keep the
part I'm using in a covered plastic bowl and shake and stir it to help
try and charge it.

I have considered the charged balloon myself, but never tried it.
***

I understood about the static part, but never understood how 'blowing'
would work well given your breath tends towards high humidity, the bane
of
static charges. The squeeze bulb makes sense, then. Thanks for clearing
up
decades of confusion. ;->=

It's actually strong enough to pull the 'threads' out of whatever you're
using to 'glue' to the surface?

As to the other idea, I started to say 'brilliant!' then began to worry
about the high static item just attracting the chaff, to which you're
attempting to impart a charge, but I've never experimented, so all I'm
going on is an imagined image of hairy balloon.

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Grub Ships Next: A non-NAC break-away republic