Prev: RE: The United States in Full Thrust Next: Re: The United States in Full Thrust

RE: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 11:54:02 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

Did anyone see my suggestion to cover this the other week?

Holofield:
Mass: 10%, cost: 4 x mass.
The holofield ignores all rolls of "6" on the first roll (either to-hit
or
beam rolls).  Rerolls still apply.
ie: beams do 1 pt on 4-5 & none on 6 (re-roll still applies); ptorp /
k-gun
ignores to-hit roll of "6" but will score full damage as normal if hit;
missiles ignore a lock-on of 6 missiles. Area effect weapons (Novacannon
&
Plasmabolts) and missiles after locking on (MT or Salvo) do full damage
as
normal.

The result vs beams can be a little screwy, as reroll damage will bypass
the
armour completely if no other die does normal damage.  But this is
passable,
as the ship isn't where it visually appears anyway.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies