Prev: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help! Next: Re: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

RE: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:47:40 -0400
Subject: RE: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

I was viewing it as follows:

If the unit is whole (no detachments) and firing at one target, then the
combined fire (rifle + support weapon(s)) would all be rolled at one
time.
I.e. disallow an undetached unit from firing more than once at a given
target in an activation; if you want multiple attacks against a given
target, you would have to use another unit or detachment.

If the unit is whole and firing at more than one target, then the
combined
fire (rifle + support weapons(s)) would be rolled together for each
target
separately.

If the unit has a detachment, then the main unit's fire is rolled
separately
from the detachment.

Squad Alpha is moving through a forest. They come upon a clearing and
spot
an enemy unit on the other side of the clearing. They ALL fire at the
enemy
unit. I find it unlikely that some would fire while some wait, then
others
would fire, with no additional direction.

Same situation as above, but Corp Lands and Pvt Aspel spot a machine gun
nest and choose to fire their SAWs at the larger threat rather than at
the
regulars the rest of the squad is firing at.

The enemy regulars retreat and Sgt. Mackie directs the SAWs to stay put
and
suppress the machine gun nest (detachment) while the rest of the squad
tries
to get into better firing possition.

If this is unrealistic, please explain and provide an example of what
should
happen.

-----
Brian Bell