Prev: Re: Origins Game Con Next: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

Re: Origins Game Con

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:05:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Origins Game Con

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:43:15 -0400 (EDT), "Mark 'Indy' Kochte"
<kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:

> I certainly never considered it any other way (so gullible
>me, I believed that the 25,000 or so at GenCon were all individuals,
>not multiple counts of attendees)

That's how they do it. But so do a lot of other organizations. Things
that
sell tickets do it, because you can't tell the difference between a
ticket
from someone who attended one day and a ticket by someone attending four
days.
The numbers are usually "X people over Y days". GenCon can tell the
difference, since they sell passes and not tickets. I'm sure there's
probably
some sort of accounting rule behind it.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: Origins Game Con Next: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields