Prev: Re: Fig problems Next: Re: Origins Game Con

Re: Origins Game Con

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:11:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Origins Game Con

> Yes, it is -- unfortunately, Origins isn't a very popular convention
with
> miniatures gamers. I and most of the people I game with have to choose
> between travelling to Origins, and travelling to GenCon, and we've
always
> chosen GenCon for our big summer convention.

Hmmm, GenCon would be nice, but since Origins is only a 4-6 hour drive
from
us, much cheaper in the long run.  WI is just a tad too far to drive on
limited vacation time.

I the pre-reg book, I noted tons of mini games, in fact HMGS seems to be
represented in quite some force this year, with several of my favorites,
including JRIII and Battlefront WWII quite numerous.

Of course, the whole family role-plays, so we've mostly signed up for
those
games, though my daughter and I managed to get signed up for some ship
battling, though its in Star Blazers.  I also got into (hopefully) a
Lightning Strike game.	Not sure how good the game is, but the
miniatures
are really nifty!

Prev: Re: Fig problems Next: Re: Origins Game Con