Prev: Re: DS II: Combat Walkers Next: re: Re: SG 15mm minis- Painting

Re: FT-Battleships

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:47:01 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Battleships

Questions inserted below

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Charles Taylor wrote:

> As an alternative idea, we could 'nick' the Vree turret concept from
B5
> wars - and modify accordingly -
>
> This system can contain any number of sub-systems whose total mass
does
> not exceed the class of turret.
> The sub-systems are usually 1-arc weapons, but can include any system
> (only worth it for limited arc systems).

Any system?  *snicker* Wave Gun? *snicker*  Serously, though should some
of the missle systems be turreted?

> The turret system is represented by a circle enclosing the
sub-systems.

> In play, the facing of each turret must be selected and noted during
the
> 'write orders' phase (facing is 1 of the 6 arcs) - this facing then
> becomes the facing of the sub-systems for the remainder of the turn.
>
> The turret is susceptable to threshold checks as normal - if it fails
> check - it is jammed in its current position until fixed - sub-systems
> roll thresholds separately.

What happens if the turret is needle beamed?  (Can it be needle beamed?
Suddenly I'm drawing a blank on that.)

> Armour and structure of turret are figured as part of hull (for
simplicity).

> MASS = Turret Class/4 for 3-arc travers, Class/2 for 5-arc traverse.
> This does not include the MASS of the sub-systems - which must be paid
> for separately.
>
> COST = MASS x2 (does not include sub-systems)
>
> MASS and COST values are open to discussion :-)

The only contraint on the MASS/COST I can think of is this: A Turret
with a
specific one arc weapon should cost more than the weapon expanded to
include
those arcs if possible.

I.E. a single turreted class 3 beam should cost more than a 3 arc class
3 beam.

Prev: Re: DS II: Combat Walkers Next: re: Re: SG 15mm minis- Painting