Prev: Fig problems Next: RE: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!

No idea what I am doing. Help!

From: thwaak <thwaak@p...>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:38:21 -0700
Subject: No idea what I am doing. Help!

Hello One and All,

I am new to the SG game (and list), but a long time miniature wargamer,
and I have some questions that have arisen during play. I've checked
what FAQ's, I can find, plus tried searching the archive, but if anyone
can answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

1)    Can you make support weapon teams, with two or more support
weapons?

2)    Do they all fire under one action?

Reason I ask: A player made a detached element of his SAW and AGL
troopers. When	he transferred actions, do they fire in unison? Or one
action per weapon?  If they fire in unison, whose FP do you use?

3)    If a squad fires it's weapons, but only the two support weapons
are in range, whose FP do you use?

Reason I ask: Same player made a assault shotgun squad (close range
only), but also gave them a standard SAW and IAVR. If they choose to
shoot (and use the SAW and IAVR to support), and the range to target is
greater than the first range band, only the support weapons can reach.

4)    As it is apparent on the model, most OUDF troops come with a
one-shot IAVR.	Can more than one OUDF trooper fire his IAVR in support?
If an entire squad is equipped with IAVR's, can the whole squad fire
them all at once?

5)     The rules seem to imply that when a squad leader is KIA, that the
squad takes an additional supression counter, on top of one for being
hit in the first place. Is this true?

6)     For confidence tests...the TL's marked with a '+' seem unlikely
(except for Artillery/Aerospace attack) to occur with any other event.
eg; 'Unit is force to ABANDON WOUNDED'.   I can't imagine a situation
where this would apply as a cumulative. It makes more sense if it was
it's own event that causes the test.

7)    Since the rules say "taken as soon as required", and "For each
currently UNTREATED CASUALTY in unit"...when exactly do you add the
cumulative? eg: A low mission motivation squad of 6 men looses their
leader to gunfire.  So far...you have a TL of 3 to test against.....but
now as a cumulative you have the untreated casualty of the leader, +1
TL? This doesn't make sense?

Hell....am I making any sense?

Thanks for your help. I'm sure more questions will come along soon.

Prev: Fig problems Next: RE: [SG] No idea what I am doing. Help!