Prev: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics Next: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:14:09 -0400
Subject: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

Brian Bell said
> > a Fire Phase allowed a Fire Group to fire in a Fire
> > Phase. A Fire Group would consist of 1 capital (Battlecruiser and
> > above), 2 Cruisers (Light to Heavy Cruiser), or 3 Escorts (Hvy
Destroyer and
> > under).

in retrospect I'd have asked Brian to make it 4 Escorts, not 3

David Griffith said:
> I would think that would be worse. Whole squadrons
> would dissappear before getting the chance to fire
> just on a roll of the dice (initiative).

War is hell, yes...

> the initiativeless approach because luck was less
> of a factor. It was planning that seemed to be
> accentuated -- deciding who to fire at. Besides
> the mechanics of deciding who fires first takes
> time that we didn't have in this small test game.

a) it doesn't take time to plan and record simultaneous fire?
b) it usually only took a couple of seconds to decide--mostly
communication between two players.

Prev: Re: FT-Tugs and swarm tactics Next: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire