Prev: RE: [SG] Stargrunt.com (was: House rules?) Next: Small squads/random losses

Re: [FT] PBLs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 20:46:20 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] PBLs

John Crimmins wrote:

>I buried this question in a larger e-mail last week, and no one seemed
>notice the poor thing...so I shall ask again, because the question
becomes
>relevant later this week.
>
>What effect, if any, does an exploding plasma bolt have upon MT
missiles
>and/or fighters?

PBs automatically destroy all missiles and fighters, heavy as well as
normal, within the area of effect. Just like Wave Guns and Nova Cannon.

> Salvo-launched missiles would impact during the same
>phase that the bolt detonates, so they won't be around to worry about
it,
>of course.

Incorrect; read the FB2 updated turn sequence. PBs explode *before* the
Salvo Missiles make their attacks, so any SM salvoes in the PB's area
of effect are destroyed before they can attack a target.

Doesn't the FT FAQ say anything about this? I thought it did, but can't
check at the moment :-(

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: [SG] Stargrunt.com (was: House rules?) Next: Small squads/random losses