Prev: SG2: TOE/OrBats Next: RE: [SG] Needle Weapons

FT-Swarms and PBL`s

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:47:35 +0100
Subject: FT-Swarms and PBL`s

O.O., I noticed my mistake about 3 mins after I sent the post, the
correction was in the second mail I sent (engauge maths cranial co
processor
before sending mail, ie-think and count before sending, doh). Anyway, I
will
have to try these things against soap bubble carriers, I can see these
things as very useful against such ships. Also, there is the variations
posible in weapons loadouts in these ships for different opponets
(ie-exchange SMR for PDS Vs fighters/soap bubble carriers, 3x C pulsars
for
close attack version). As for PBLs, I say they destroy any fighters that
are
within their area, whatever fighters they are. There is also the
posibility
of PH version of these ships, with a single arc pulsar, firecon and a
single
class 1 PBL. Also, I don`t see non-FTL ships having to have a bonus cost
against them (well, I would, wouldn`t I), due to the fact that most
people
will replace the FTL drive with extra weapons, most of the time, which
would
increase the cost of the ships by 10% (for humans anyway). The LACs I
posted
are a extream version of what is posible, and are actually vulnerable to
mishandling or mistakes (thing I`ll nickname them popcorn, because they
go
pop so easly).

BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
 strong in arms, thick in head"

PS-Paul, the only thing I found on the HH bit was on the baen faqs
website
at-
http://www.baen.com/FAQS.htm

Prev: SG2: TOE/OrBats Next: RE: [SG] Needle Weapons