Prev: US radio callsigns Next: Re: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result

Re: Final Fantasy

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 00:20:36 EDT
Subject: Re: Final Fantasy

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 16:10:31 -0400 Nyrath the nearly wise
<nyrath@clark.net> writes:
>Los wrote:
>> I find myself constantly amused whenever Hollywood makes a war movie
>(be it
>> SPR or anything) that everyone starts whining about being
>Amero-centric.
>> (Dammit there were other nations at Normandy!)
>
>	Yes, but sometimes their criticism is justified. <grin>
>
>	Case in point: the movie "U-571"
>
>	In reality, it was the British that captured the Enigma
>machine.
>	Hollywood altered "British" to "American" in order to
>	increase the movie's market share.

And if Bollywood had made it the hero would have been Hindi?  <grin>

I wonder if it would have been as successful had they left it at the
historical British role?  After all, it is an entertainment business...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French  - or  even human -  to be a 'frog'!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
aka - Warbeads@juno.com (historical miniatures) and
aka - Dwarf_warrior@juno.com (Fantasy & 6mm/10mm figures.)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: US radio callsigns Next: Re: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result