Prev: Rot Hafen Next: Re: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result

[DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 22:14:22 -0400
Subject: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result

A few weeks back I posted looking for ideas for creating some AA
batteries
that I could make and plug into a Steve Jackson Games "Combine GEVPC"
for
use in Dirtside gaming.  Earlier tis evening, I finished off the first
batch of six of them.

There are some less than perfect pictures posted right here:
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/GEVPC.html

The picture at the top shows the unadorned GEVPC, the other two show it
with the two modules that I concocted.

The one on the left is the AA variant.	It uses a piece of Evergreen
tiled
styrene for a base, some more bits of Evergreen added as decoration, and
is
topped off with the turret from a Brigade Models "Hanit Class APC with
with
twin AA gatlings" (Stock # SFV/009e), which I ordered from Tony
Francis...along with a bunch of other really, REALLY nice turrets.

(This was the first Brigade order I've placed, and it's far from being
the
last -- took less than a week for the package to arrive from England,
too.)

The GEVPC on the right was even easier.  I turned it into a light
artillery
piece by painting up an old GW plastic "Mole Mortar" -- the base was the
perfect size to drop right into place.

The modules are held in place with bits of putty, and can easily be
removed
without any damage to the paint jobs.  This was a really simple project,
but a lot of fun -- I'm almost certainly going to be making some other
modules for different circumstances.  A radar unit would look pretty
neat,
for instance....

Prev: Rot Hafen Next: Re: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result