Prev: FT-Battle report and conclusions Next: Re: (OT) Pearl Harbor was; Re: Final Fantasy

[OT] Doomed to repeat (WAS Re: Final Fantasy)

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 11:21:25 -0700
Subject: [OT] Doomed to repeat (WAS Re: Final Fantasy)

At 09:53 AM 4/14/01 +1000, you wrote:
>At 07:39  13/04/01 -0400, you wrote:
>>Yeah, that would be a pity.  But then it's Hollywood, not even
>>edutainement.  But then the Japanese seem to have a textbook problem
(pun
>>intended) in remembering their history lately...
>>

>This is not just a problem restricted to the Japanese.........
>
>Derek

A good read for Americans, or anyone who wants to have a pretty good
idea
what we get and don't get taught in High School history, is Lies My
Teacher
Told Me by James W. Loewen. ISBN 0684818868. My copy was Published by
Touchstone (an imprint of Simon and Schuster) in New York 1996.

Ndege Diamond--Nezach(at)earthlink(dot)net
    http://home.earthlink.net/~nezach/
     "A witty saying proves nothing."

Prev: FT-Battle report and conclusions Next: Re: (OT) Pearl Harbor was; Re: Final Fantasy