Prev: RE: [FT] Fighter Counters Next: Shotguns and US Spec Ops

[OT] Squid Careers ;-)

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:52:41 -0700
Subject: [OT] Squid Careers ;-)

[Sorry, but I couldn't resist]

  A salty Navy Chief and a crusty Marine First Sergeant are at a bar
  arguing about who had the tougher career.

  "I did 30 years in the Recon," the Marine declared proudly, "and
   fought in three of my country's wars. Fresh out of boot camp, I hit
the
   beach at Okinawa, clawed my way up the blood-soaked sand, and
eventually
   took out an entire enemy machine gun nest with a single grenade. As a
   sergeant

  I fought in Korea alongside General MacArthur. We pushed back the
enemy
  inch by bloody inch all the way up to the Chinese border, always under
  a barrage of artillery and small arms fire.

  Finally, as a staff sergeant, I did three consecutive combat tours in
  Vietnam. We humped through the mud and razor grass for 14 hours
  a day, plagued by rain and mosquitoes, ducking under sniper fire all
  day and mortar fire at night. In a fire fight, we'd shoot until our
arms
  ached and our guns were empty, then we'd charge the enemy with
bayonets!"

  Looking straight ahead, the Chief says nothing. Then after a
deliberately
  long, slow drink, the Chief says, "Yeah, it figures . . . . . all
shore

Prev: RE: [FT] Fighter Counters Next: Shotguns and US Spec Ops