Prev: RE: Re: [OT] space cats On Topic Next: Re: [OT] space cats On Topic

Re: Squid Re: Toys from Jane's...

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:57:42 EDT
Subject: Re: Squid Re: Toys from Jane's...

In a message dated 4/11/01 9:26:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
devans@uneb.edu
writes:

> >  >ex-squid
> >
> > I'm guessing you're not talking about cephalopods here????
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I must confess my ignorance in this area, even though this mundane's
main
> interest in military history has always been naval, I thought 'squid'
> referred to sub guys, though I've heard plenty of other nicks for
them.
> Several are un-repeatable here.
>
> On the other hand, I guess serving on the Pegasus is about as close to
> being a flyboy without actually being an aviator. ;->=
>
> The_Beast

Squid = Any sailor as opposed to another service
Bubblehead = Submariner (because submarines are just steel bubbles)
Airdale = Navy flyers (dogs with the word air in it)
Skimmer = Surface ship or sailor (they skim on the surface)
God = hydrofoil sailor, of course.

We will be having a test later in the course.  :-)

John Rebori ETN2 (Discharged)
USN 1976 - 1982
ex-USS Pegasus PHM-1

Prev: RE: Re: [OT] space cats On Topic Next: Re: [OT] space cats On Topic