Prev: Re: Trees (was Terrain) Next: HOLOFIELDS

[OT] NBCi to close

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:24:44 -0400
Subject: [OT] NBCi to close

Just a heads-up note to those of us who are hosted on NBCi.com (was
Xoom).
NBCi is being absorbed back into NBC and ``There's no question that
we'll
dramatically reduce the scope of the operations and sell some assets''
(NBC
Internet's chief executive Will Lansing). ``The sharp declines in the
Internet advertising market convinced us that it didn't make sense to
pursue
a portal strategy." NBC's chief financial officer Mark Begor said. ``We
wanted to find a way to maximize shareholder value and wind down the
business in the best way possible.'' --
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010409/tc/nbc_internet_4.html

I have not heard anything directly from NBCi, so I don't know for sure,
but
it sounds like the web hosting service may be discontinued. Those of us
hosted on it (http://members.nbci.com/) may want to look for other
hosting
options in case it does close (and back up our web sites incase it does
close).

-----
Brian Bell
-----

Prev: Re: Trees (was Terrain) Next: HOLOFIELDS