Prev: Re: Cross cultural war games Was: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: RE: painting services?

Re: [FT] Mixing Tech

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 23:42:38 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Mixing Tech

> At 09:02 PM 4/7/01 -0400, you wrote:
> >Excuse me, if you're introducing these guys to FT, have you thought
> >about using FSE, ESU, NSL, NAC?
>
> I'm using NSL with the serial numbers filed off for the attackers,
but the
> rest of the fleets just aren't distinctive enough for my purposes.
I'm
> trying to wean these people off of Warhammer; I need some flash and
> razzle-dazzle to do the job properly.

Warhammer?  What's that?
Okay, flash and flair.	Well, sticking to Human tech, you could use:
1) a fleet which relies on swarms of strikeboats with MTM or SMR  (eg
the Islamic corvetee Khabar, mass 12, MD9, 1 FCS, 2 hull boxes, 4 mass
of weapons eg SMR);
2) a fleet with only superships (I'd recommend you use whatever
formula Oerjan suggested, where cost increases exponentially with
mass)
3) a fleet which comes at you in two waves, needle beams and boarders
4) the Dutch fleet (all PTorps)

The main thing to make it memorable is--go to the extreme with