Prev: FT-Weapons help Next: Re: Ship Stats Question

Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 08:46:26 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

----- Original Message -----
From: Izenberg, Noam <Noam.Izenberg@jhuapl.edu>
To: 'FT List' <GZG-L@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 8:48 PM
Subject: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

> Holofield (T) [Aaron Teske] (Spacefleet converstion page)
>
> Holofields make all rolls to hit an equipped ship subtract 1 from the
number
> rolled, but do not affect the damage
> caused by the attack. For example, if a standard pulse torpedo is
fired on
> ship 15" away, the torpedo usually
> hits on a 4+. If the target has holofields, the torpedo needs a 5+ to
hit.
> Against salvo missiles, one less missile
> will target the Holofield-equipped ship from each salvo. Holofields
> effectively count as level 1 screens against
> beam weapons. Only one Holofield may be installed on a ship. A
Holofield
> takes up 4 MASS, or 7% of the ship's
> MASS, whichever is greater, and costs 3 points per MASS of the field.
>
> Comments:
> (Oerjan) Better than the other Holofield (SB) variant.
>

> Noam
> ---

I prefere this myself, a lot simpler and easier to use (remember, KISS).
The
first seams too complexed for very little advantage. By the way, will
someone please explain the PSB behind them to those of us that never had
SFB? (I think that is where the idea came from).

BIF
 "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
 strong in arms, thick in head"

Prev: FT-Weapons help Next: Re: Ship Stats Question