Prev: RE: [DS2] Technoid Walkers Next: RE: RE: [DS2] Technoid Walkers

Re: Ship Stats Question

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@h...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:40:02 -0700
Subject: Re: Ship Stats Question

Hi,

I would probably class this as a frigate in FT terms. Does the
USCG have ANY ship that is not called a "cutter?" I think that
it may be a historical oddity.

Very lightly armed, as their main opponents are unarmed "merchant"
vessels. Class 1 beams would be more than enough. Not sure about
the FTL though. They tend to stay within the 200 nm limit. I would
venture so far as to suggest no missles or armour as well.

>***
>1 RHI w 5 crew and GPMG
>***

Rigid Hull Inflatable. A small craft (~14'-50') with inflatable
rubber tubes for sides and a (normally) fibreglass V-hull. The
inflatable tubes provide stability and the rigid hull is a huge
help in any kind of sea state above glass calm. In the last 15
years these craft have become the standard for search and rescue
work.

In space, I see them as being a shuttle, like the helicopter.

>I'm assuming crew of 5 and general purpose machine gun, but can you
>identify what an RHI is, and, of course, point out if I made a misstep
on
>the first part.
>
>If it's a real boat, then two 'boats' with the differences of a boat
and a
>helo beggers my imagination.

Think: cost. Your imagination should be able to take it from there ;)

>I'm thinking this would have to take a Full Thrust variant to do
justice,
>though one I certainly wouldn't mind playing in.
>
>The_Beast

Cheers,
--

Prev: RE: [DS2] Technoid Walkers Next: RE: RE: [DS2] Technoid Walkers