Prev: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:08:40 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Chris Downes-Ward wrote:

> How realistic is the idea of a small team (say 3 troopers)
> humping around a 20mm Auto cannon and enough ammo to make it
> worthwhile?

Mmm. They sure wouldn't be able to lug many 20mm rounds, as well?

> Is light artillery the way to model a mortar team? How many
> markers should they carry?

How about a.. *gasp* mortar team? ;)

> One of my Star Grunt units is based on the Steiner laser infantry
> platoon (from Battle troops) these guys are all supposed to be
> armed with laser rifles and have lasers as their support weapons,
> I could model these as say FP2 but high impact say D10 with the
> support lasers as a HEL/1 but how about a HEL/0.5? what would it's
> stats be?

I'd go for the gatling SAW stats?

Cheers,

  Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6zYedJXH58oo6ncURAmbfAJ0dh0IupY1BRcSSGb0E0cJqw7pXhwCfRydL
QUycXMOCnoIBS9lQIsT0nl8=
=/3a4

Prev: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons Next: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons