Prev: Re: Grendels was: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: [OT] Lens and Filter Considerations (was RE: [OT] Digital Cameras)

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:32:51 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Lens and Filter Considerations (was RE: [OT] Digital Cameras)

<derk@cistron.nl>
> wrote:
>
> >Keep in mind that, due to the small size of the actual CCD chip, to
get a
> >focal length comparable to 50mm with an SLR< you need a digital
camera
> >with 25mm focal length.
>
> I wasn't clear on that. The stats I was giving, though, when talking
about
> zoom levels were equivalent to SLR focal lengths. Most of the cameras
I saw
> were giving focal lengths as "equivalent to SLRs".

Okay, in that case you will not need to do any conversion. An optical
14mm lense will already be listed as (approx) equivalent to 28mm SLR.

Cheers,

  Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6zXEnJXH58oo6ncURAqZFAJwKmUpSLupWm/Yc8xiP0e5rNBuNegCglQSr
KpgOvP3IjHU6RaTwW/D/bkE=
=6PqA

Prev: Re: Grendels was: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense