Prev: What happens if... Next: Re: What happens if...

Re: Grendels was: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 13:58:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Grendels was: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens

In message <14l5Ka-1qc5rcC@fwd04.sul.t-online.com>,
KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wr
ites:

> Spoilers follow below ;-)
>
> .

> The adult Grendels are vaguely frog-shaped. They are fairly
> intelligent (somewhere between ape and human) and of an extremely
> fierce disposition. They will eat Grendel larvae (indeed, that's
> their main food)

A species whose primary food source is their own young?  I'm no
biologist, but this does not strike me as a successful survival trait.
What about the predator/prey relationship, whereby the predators eat
lots of prey, the prey become scarce, the predators die off and breed
less, the prey breeds more, the predators eat more and breed more,
etc...?  Seems like one low cycle and you're in a downward spiral
towards extinction.

Prev: What happens if... Next: Re: What happens if...