Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 19:08:38 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> Plate? Hell yeah. Don't get me on this argument. As a memeber of the
SCA
> in an area were plate is proof from missile fire even though we TESTED
> regular arrows with high power bows throw plate armour and it is like
> hot knife. At long range no, but once you get closer it's just nasty
> look at.

I assume you used either hardened spring steel armour, if representing
15th century armour, or very thick plate for 14th century? Recent
research has shown the plate to be of a LOT  harder steel than was
originally supposed. And certainly VERY much harder than the mild steel
most re-enactment armour is made of. I won't start about aluminium if
you
won't, wither ;)

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6zKabJXH58oo6ncURAkDUAKCzVm2Kb0QHgDOs4Te5J6huE8jwgACfUuCX
R1aDRUOyLqcR6H2qR62RRDg=
=5Dvy