Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: Re: [OT] CrossbowRe: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:15:03 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

Derk wrote:
>I contemplated a digital camera last summer, but decided to get a 2nd
hand
>SLR (my first), instead. Simply can't get the same quality for anywhere
>near the price. That was back then, and a few years in the future the
>balance may well be different.

Three years ago while I was purchasing my 35mm SLR camera I enquired
about
digital cameras, the retailer at that stage didn't even keep any in
stock,
they were simply a too expensive, slow moving item and at that stage he
recommended developing my film as slides and scanning them in if I was
that
keen. Today digital cameras are all through the camera shops and the 3
megapixel camera are not too expensive, the speed at which these things
have developed is really impressive.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.