Prev: Fighter-like missiles Next: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:06:32 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

At 08:41  5/04/01 +0200, you wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Derek Fulton wrote:
> > I read that 1 megapixels is equivalent to 100 speed ISO film, the
more
> > pixels the better resolution.
>
>Errr? ISO is NOT resolution?? In fact, 100 ISO film has a MUCH higher
>resolution than you're ever going to get with a digicam, anywhere in
the
>near future. So could you explain what link you are trying to suggest
>between resolution and ISO here? Or am I misreading it?

(Derek hangs head in shame) As I mentioned before I read it in a 'how
to'
book, couldn't find it on the shelves at the library (damn those other
lenders!!!!) but I'm fairly certain that's what the author was saying,
but?
<shrug>

Also Beth came home and told me that mentioning digital cameras on a
internet mailing list doesn't rate as subtle way to 'ask for a christmas

present' :)

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Fighter-like missiles Next: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras