Prev: Re: Gear Krieg Next: RE: Orders of Battle (was cheese)

Re: Kh'iff

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 11:35:04 +1000
Subject: Re: Kh'iff

G'day Derk,

 >Oh, and got to beat Ozzies around the head with a sword ;)

Now was that a greater highlight than the HUmpbacks? ;P

 >Whoops. I think I woke up a biologist? ;)
 >I was mainly thinking that, under stress
 >situations, they'd look to their pack for support?

Yes, but it depends on what you're defining as the pack. Is it the basic

squad (which is about the size of most successful mammalian hunting
packs)
or some larger unit of organisation?

 >Mmm. What did you think of the 'takes up
 >one action of outcast and leader, if within
 >x inches' suggestion, made earlier?

It works with the PSB that they are ex-leaders and thus maybe not so
innocent in their reasons for wanting to join a squad.

 >Yes, I like this suggestion. 9 inches sound fair?
 >Or should it be more to your mind?

9" should probably work.

 >Mmm. Sounds like fun, but also sounds
 >like it could be a good bit of work.

There is that problem.

 >Something else I was thinking about;
 >maybe a deceased leader should result
 >in two suppression markers instead of one,
 >as the pack sorts out who's the boss now?

The logic is good, but I'm not sure how it'd go in the game as
suppressions
are such a critical thing. I'd try it and see.

 >Do you think an extra table for
 >dealing with terrain types is called
 >for? (What is difficult terrain, what
 >is rough terrain, etc, for them?)

Not really, there's no real difference in the relative grades of terrain
humans and canines...it'd be different if you were doing a hoofed animal
or
something.

 >Hmmm. I didn't want to make them
 >close combat monsters, too much. Seems
 >too easy to give this to anything that looks alien.

That's because it still our most deep seated fear...born of the days
when
that was what we had to watch out for ;)

 >On the other hand, a case CAN be made for it.

Yep it is what you get for playing a canine alien race... we tend to
associate canines with close combat.

 >As for the 'seeing another cquad go in',
 >I'm more leaning towards tweaking
 >the weight of numbers, here.

Cool.

Have fun

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

Prev: Re: Gear Krieg Next: RE: Orders of Battle (was cheese)