Prev: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras Next: Re: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens

Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 20:34:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

On  4-Apr-01 at 20:24, Derek Fulton (derekfulton@bigpond.com) wrote:

> >5) Pixels. Anywhere from 1 to 3+ MP these days. What you need is
dependent
> > on what you're going to use it for. For web-based stuff 1 MP will
> >suffice,  but for printing them out as pictures, you'll want at least
2 MP.

> I read that 1 megapixels is equivalent to 100 speed ISO film, the more

> pixels the better resolution.

Maybe taken with a disk camera.  megapixels are a lie :).  First you
divide by 3 because it takes three pixels too make a color.  If it
were a square image that would give you 580x580 resolution,  not too
hot.

The pro I know who really needed a digital camera bought a nice
APS camera and doesn't have any prints made, he just has the negatives
scaned.

Prev: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras Next: Re: FT-Fighters and SG-aliens