Prev: RE: 54mm FMASk, is slightly OT Next: Re: 54mm FMASk, is slightly OT

Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:43:39 +0100
Subject: Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

In message <20010404130418.7108.qmail@web9606.mail.yahoo.com>
	  David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can I just ask a stupid question? What's a
> Banzai Jammer?

A small expendable ship, usually as small and cheap as possible (MASS 2
or MASS 3 towed - 1 MASS for drive, rest for hull, or add 1 MASS for
FTL) that sit around near to you big expensive ships and tries to draw
any incoming missile salvos to it (by being closer) - usually deployed
in groups to provide a protective shell.

Interestingly - these are _only_ useful vs. Slavo Missiles - fighters
ignore them, MT missiles ignore them, PBLs fry them en-mass, but you
_could_ use the FTL capable version as an FTL 'suicide bomb' I suppose.
(takes 1 turn to prime -- roll 1d6, 1= nothing, 2-4= 1d6 damage in 6 mu
radius - bj may be dead, 5-6= 1 dp -or 2- in a 6 mu radius, bj dead).

:-)

Prev: RE: 54mm FMASk, is slightly OT Next: Re: 54mm FMASk, is slightly OT