Prev: Re: Cheese factor Next: RE: [SG] Scout units

Re: [SG] Leader Loss Questions

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:03:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Leader Loss Questions

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"

> If a Squad Leader is lost, does command of the squad
> usually fall to the
> other Fire Team Leader? Or is the 1st and 2nd most
> senior soldiers in the
> same team?

Other Fire Team Leader.

> In the same way if the Platoon Leader buys it, would
> one of the squad
> leaders take over, or do they usually group the most
> senior soldiers in the
> command Squad (or Command Team)?

Depends.  In most armies there is a senior NCO in the
platoon who can take over if the LT is killed.	If
both of these guys are dead, the senior squad leader
takes over.

> Going beyond my example, I will ask the same
> question about the loss of a
> Company Commander.

The Company commander has an executive officer who
assumes command upon death of company commander.  If
both are killed (or if the XO is off in the rear
trying to steal supplies or whatever when the CO is
dead), command devolves on platoon leaders.  If all
officers are dead, presumably the First Sergeant
(Senior NCO in company) would assume command.

John

Prev: Re: Cheese factor Next: RE: [SG] Scout units