Prev: Re: [SG] Scout units Next: Re: Just a thought

RE: Squads (getting long)

From: "Brian Bell" <bkb@b...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:06:56 -0400
Subject: RE: Squads (getting long)

Thank you for the good references.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
The Full Thrust Ship Registry:
http://www.ftsr.org
---

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
[mailto:owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU]On Behalf Of John Atkinson
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 6:54 PM
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject: Squads (getting long)

--- "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" \

> What COMMON* online source would have had the
> correct definition of "squad"?
> *Recongizable from the top level domain
> (www.____.com).

I thought this would be an easy question to answer. .
.

But I find problems.  I guess I've known this one for
so long that I havn't had to look it up. . . FWIW,
there is no 'official' US definition of squad or
platoon.  The official definition of company is:

[snip]
***

I will attempt to find some definitions for you.

I once did a LONG rant on unit organization once (on a
Usenet group), defining every major term used to
denote military unit size.  I wish I still had it.

John

Prev: Re: [SG] Scout units Next: Re: Just a thought