Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 08:41:48 +1000
Subject: Re: Fighters, missiles in FT

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>Derek Fulton wrote:
>
> >D'OH!!!! Still, my comment stands the MT missiles were being shot
down
> >too easily.
>
>Is this with or without your (IMO somewhat over-complex) lock-on rules
>for them?

The '(IYO somewhat over-complex) lock-on rules' only come in to play if
we
were using sensor rules. Apart from that a working FCS was required
somewhere in the fleet to attack a target, if you want you can do away
with
that as well, make the MT missiles 'fire and forget' (as they were in
MT,
.....I hope :) ....). But it's all a case of what you what.

>With some of the fighter-style MT missile versions mentioned on the
>list they have a very good chance of hitting the intended target - far
>better than SMs. At least in the playtest battles I've fought recently
>:-/

Me, I have no problem with the ability of the MT missiles to pick out
specific targets, bypassing all those nasty 'banzi jammers'. For me MT
missiles are more discerning and harder to fool than the 'dump them out
at
this spot and see who gets hit' SM ;)

Derek

Derek Fulton