Prev: Re: [OT] Double Messages Next: Re: [OT] Listen up you apes!

Re: [SG] Scout units

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Scout units

--- Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl> wrote:

> - - isn't partial armour D6? I thought D8 was the
> full armour? I'm gonna
> check later.

Yes and Yes.

> - - I always thought you needed to be unencumbered
> by armour to get the 8"
> movement?

It says "Lightly equipped".  Which to me always meant
"no armor, no heavy weapons"  YMMV, it's not defined.
I certaintly wouldn't claim it for d8-armored troops.

> There's one thing which I find a bit of a shame;
> there is no advantage in > being lightly equipped,
with respect to being > detected by sensor rolls.
> One might make a case for lightly equipped troops
> being harder to pick up > on radar, making less
noise etc. On the other hand, > one could make a case
> for counter-detection equipment being in the bulkier
> armour, negating the > effect (chameleon layers etc
etc)

Depends on what sort of sensors you're using.

John

Prev: Re: [OT] Double Messages Next: Re: [OT] Listen up you apes!