Prev: re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question Next: RE: Cheese factor

Re:Fighters, missiles in FT

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:36:10 +0100
Subject: Re:Fighters, missiles in FT

For the MT missiles, I use either the fighter movement with 3 turns
endurance and a movement of 24 mu per turn (and 12 mu secondary
movement),
or another I`ll post later. With this movement above, I allow PDS to
intercept on a 4,5 or 6, except a missile can exchange 1 endurance point
make it harder to intercept (roll as a heavy fighter, 5 or 6). The PSB
for
this is the missile is in sprint mode, burning up it`s drive to make it
harder to stop. Yes, this means it can hit a target out to 42 mu (24
primary
drive, 1 endurance movement + 6 mu engaugement radius), and only be
intercepted on a 5 or 6. My second way to use MT missiles is to allow
them
24 mu movement over 3 turns and a 6 mu engaugement radius, 36 over 2
turns
and a engaugement radius of 5 mu, or a range of 48 mu for 1 turn and a
engaugement range of 4 mu, with the same PDS roll to stop on the last
setting of a heavy fighter (see PSB above).

For the fighter intercepting missiles, you have to remember PDS and the
AFHAWKS are fired in the PDS phase, before fighters attack, so you can
destroy a fighter group totally before they can attack anyway.

 BIF
  "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
  strong in arms, thick in head"

PS-Brian, whos this Oerhan?>Oerhan, What
rules did you playtest for MT missiles?

Prev: re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question Next: RE: Cheese factor