Prev: Re: Cheese factor Next: Re: Fighters and Defense

Re: Cheese factor

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 14:57:31 +0100
Subject: Re: Cheese factor

Tony Francis wrote:

> So an example ToE could be :
>
> Rifle Squad - 9 pts (2 for SL plus 7 grunts @ 1pt)
> Platoon Command Squad - 12 pts (5 for PL plus 7 grunts @ 1pt)
> Rifle Platoon - 39 pts (Command squad + 3 rifle squads)
>
> PA Squad - 13 pts (3 for SL plus 5 suits @ 2pts)
> PA Command Squad - 17 pts (7 for PL plus 5 suits @ 2pts)
> PA Platoon - 56 pts (Command squad + 3 squads)
>
> Company Command Squad - 24 pts (17 for CL plus 7 grunts)
> Company - 197 pts (Command Squad, 3 Rifle Platoons plus PA platoon)

Just a thought - there's no account of heavy weapons here (so a squad
with 2 SAWs is worth the same as one with only 1). Adhering to the KISS
principle of this system, how about +1 point for each heavy weapon in a
squad (which include suits GLs in a PA squad). Or +1 for a SAW, +2 for a
PIG or GMS/P (I haven't played enough SG2 yet to know if these justify
different costs).

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer
Kuju Entertainment

Prev: Re: Cheese factor Next: Re: Fighters and Defense