Prev: [FT] Looking for SFSFW FT articles Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

RE: [FT] A Question Or Two

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 07:30:51 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] A Question Or Two

If using FB2 Vector movement (max of 1mu push), I would suggest that the
1mu
push remains until the MD is reduced (destroyed or damaged) to 0 thrust.
If
using FB1 Vector, then recalculate the Push based on the new MD (1/2 MD
round down, minimum of 1).

In a FB1/Vector PBEM, I defined MT missiles as follows:
MT Missiles:
 - Movement: I have extended MT Missiles movement to 36tu (just like the
Fast Fighters in FB). They now move as Fighters but are limited to +/-
60°
(up to a 2 pt turn at the beginning of the turn) of forward.
 - PDS vs MT Missile: I have chosen to compromise between MT & FB. PDS
hit
on a 5+. Each MT Missile must be targeted seperatly by PDS.
 - Minimum of 1 FCS needed to launch a MT Missile.
Since then, I would also suggest:
 - 6 Turn endurance (doubled in FB, just like fighters). Obviously,
when/if
the missile hits it's target, it is destroyed.
 - MT Missiles get a secondary movement, of 12mu, for 1 endurance. This
secondary movemnt must be +/- 60° from it's end facing.
 - Fighters may intercept MT missiles, but each Fighter Group may only
target 1 MT Missile.

Since then Oerjan has strongly indicated that MT Missiles are targeted
by
PDS as salvo missiles are (4+ kills the missile), but must be targeted
individually. I think that this makes them too vulnerable, but I bow to
his
judgement, since he is listed as one of the official playtesters and I
assume the strength of his arguement was based on playtesting. Oerhan,
What
rules did you playtest for MT missiles?

-----
Brian Bell