Prev: Re: Full Thrust Ship Creator v2.0 Next: Re: Dragon Con

Re: Cheese factor

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 21:03:38 -0700
Subject: Re: Cheese factor

Allan Goodall wrote:

> D6 (FP) + D8 + D8 (MLR) + D10 (SAW) + Quality. Or, D8 (FP) + D8 (MLR)
+ D10
> (SAW) + Quality. This isn't out of place. It's actually pretty close
to what
> Jon has in the rulebook. In fact, you're one figure less than what Jon
has in
> the NAC TO&E. I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Actually that's what I had listed above except you got the firepower on
the second one wrong. 3 x 3FP is 9FP and in the book it says to round up
on that giving it a D10 FP instead of the D8.

Yeah I run squads of 7 regular infantry and 5 PA. Still working out how
big to make my command (platoon and company) squads. Thinking of dumping
their heavey and support weapons.

> However, how many of these puppies do you have? Jon has them at 3 PA
squads
> and a command squad per PA platoon, and 1 platoon in a company, along
with 3
> platoons of regular infantry. I found this to be about right. Specific
> scenarios have had more (one of my scenarios had one side with nothing
but PA,
> but they had to boogie pretty quickly, only had plasma guns, and only
4 per
> squad).

I run, as a company, 3 platoons infantry (3 squads and command squad)
and 1 platton of PA (3 squads and command squad) + 1 company command
squad. If I don't have a full platton of PA on the board I attach them
to the highest commander.

> As long as half your company isn't PA, or you aren't bringing one
platoon of
> PA and a couple squads of infantry (unless the scenario requires it) I
don't
> see this as being cheesy.

I always have more infantry then PA. Usually 1 squad per platoon on the
board untill it's its own platoon.

> Typically I'd figure you had to have a majority of the platoon on the
table.
> It depends on the scenario. If you have a company of three infantry
platoons
> and one PA platoon, I'd say you had to have at leat three of the four
platoons
> on the table before the company commander is present. I can see a
scenario,

Right. I think that's what's come out of it. YOu have to have 3 platoons
on the table to have a company commander.

Now my question is who is the over all commander? If you only have 2
platoons on the table who gets to be in charge? and if you select one of
the platoon commanders at the over all commander shouldn't he be able to
activate the other platoon commander?

Jaime

Prev: Re: Full Thrust Ship Creator v2.0 Next: Re: Dragon Con