Prev: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: Alternative forces (i.e., non-canon aliens ships)

RE: WotD Laser Targeting

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 17:10:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: WotD Laser Targeting

--- Brian Bell <bkb@beol.net> wrote:
> I believe that quite a bit of the Rot Hafen story
> deals with a team of
> special forces. They would have been given equipment
> that is not issued to
> the average soldier.

However, when you are talking about:

> rifles with grenade launchers that you >
laser-rangefind the distance > to set it off, HUD's,
multi-frequency commo gear for > everyone, IR
> and light enhancement with map projections working
> with GPS systems.

That's stuff that will be regular issue.  For crying
out loud, all this stuff is going to be issue in real
armies by 2030, never mind 2183.  And that's assuming
we miss the fielding dates for some of these items by
2 decades.  Third-world nations will still be stuck
with one radio per platoon.  But third-world nations
won't be taking to the stars, either.

John

Prev: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: Re: Alternative forces (i.e., non-canon aliens ships)