Prev: Re: Wargame Table Question Next: Re: AAR KraVak vs Nea Rhomaioi

Re: WotD Laser Targeting

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:55:32 -0800
Subject: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

Tony Christney wrote:

> So, my suggestion is that laser designators simply allow a
> guided weapon to be fired without direct line of sight
> between weapon and target, so long as at least one unit
> with a laser designator has been declared to be painting the
> target. That should probably use up the unit's entire
> activation.
>
> GMS systems should also require at least a line of flight
> reasonably free of obstacles, i.e. no firing from the middle
> of a forest...

I think that's where the thing is heading, plus hte comm roll to call in
the GMS shot if it's not the unit that's painting the target firing if
it's "over the horrizon". Though I'm still wondering if you should get a
die shift for having a "painted" target.

Prev: Re: Wargame Table Question Next: Re: AAR KraVak vs Nea Rhomaioi