Prev: RE: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: Wargame Table Question

Re: Wargame Table Question

From: Bob Waller <cpbelt@a...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:21:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Wargame Table Question

JDoch226@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/30/01 2:39:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> agoodall@canada.com writes:
>
> << I'm looking for ideas on what to make it out of and how big to make
it. >>

> I don't have a place to put a permanent table, so I use hollow core
doors on
> sawhorse legs.  I got the legs from Ikea for $12 a pair.  The doors
are very
> light and very strong, and come in lots of sizes.  I use two that are
3 feet
> wide by 6 feet 7 inches long (the standard length) but you can special
order
> them longer.	I also have a 2 foot wide door that I cut down to 6 feet
long
> so I can put it crosswise at the end of the table to make a 6 foot by
8 foot
> 7 incher when I need it.  The whole thing sets up and down very
quickly and
> stores in very little space in my garage.
> Jed

Hi Jed. People need to know that they need to be careful when cutting up
a hollow core door, since the braces for the door are all along the
edges with usually one brace running across the width of the middle. You
can cut the door, but will need to re-aply the braces. It can be a messy
affair if not handled properly. I use to have an article on it
somewhere, but have no idea where it got to--which is typical of me!

Prev: RE: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: Wargame Table Question