Prev: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku Next: Re: AAR KraVak vs Nea Rhomaioi

Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

From: "Robert W. Hofrichter" <RobHofrich@p...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 20:07:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

For a missile-based ADS, you could try using the various plastic sprues
and
stuff sold at model-building hobby shops.  A round tube of appropriate
thickness for the "turret" and two "arms" (the launch tubes) of sqaure
cross-section sprue glued to either side.  You can spice this up using a
very small round piece with a short rectangular strip on top sticking up
from the turret rear--sort of like a search radar (mechanical, not
phased
array).

The only problem is that you have to be very precise in your cutting, as
even small discrepencies in size will look ugly.

Or, you can buy a set of Avenger ADV--I can't remember if that's the
right
name, but I'm thinking of the Stinger/HMG combo on a Humvee (or any
other
similar kind of vehicle) and use the turrets...

Rob