Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: AAR KraVak vs Nea Rhomaioi

Re: WotD Laser Targeting

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:03:05 -0800
Subject: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

Derk Groeneveld wrote:

> > * Takes one action to setup and target;
> > * Takes one action to take down;
>
> Why? doesn't take an action to brace a rifle, and this is hardly going
> be bigger than a rifle or harder to aim?

Well I'd say you'd have to use one action to "paint" the target just as
you would for firing. Though getting rid of the take down wouldn't
matter.

Or are you saying that you should just be able to say, "painting target"
and call in a GMS shot?

> Mm. Could even have a vehicle shoot one every turn, and if noone's
> designating, you waste one round. Only something for final defence
sort of
> situations ;)

Wouldn't you have to "aim" it in a general direction with a general
terminal point, plus you might as well wait till the end of the turn to
fire it since then you're likely to have a unit designating. Though I
don't know of any unit that would just waste shots like that ;) I'd say
you'd have to call it.

Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: AAR KraVak vs Nea Rhomaioi