Prev: Re: [FT] Rules Questions Next: Re: Wargame Table Question

Re: Heavy Flamers was "Re: [SG] WotW"

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:05:11 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Heavy Flamers was "Re: [SG] WotW"

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

> Derk Groeneveld wrote:
> > > Light Flamer:
> > > Size: 4
> > > Range Bands: 4"
> > > Max Range: 12"
> > > Width at max range: 2"
> > > Damage: D10/D8/D6
> > >
> > > Heavy Flamer:
> > > Size: 6
> > > Range Bands: 6"
> > > Max Range: 18"
> > > Width at max range: 3"
> > > Damage: D10/D8/D6
> >
> > I'd still say ditch the template effect. Other than setting the
terrain on
> > fire, it seems to have no more template effect than, say, a machine
gun.
> > And since SG doesn't use templates for machine guns...
>
> So then it has to be given a firepower rating. I'd say D12, or do you
> now have to classify it as a heavy weapon and give it firecon?

I'd use the manpack flamer as a D10 support weapon. D12 seems excessive
unless you're going to limit the number of shots.

> > > * Causes terror
> >
> > Err. Isn't terror a specific close combat term? I assume you mean
EITHER
> > forces a panic check, OR forces a confidence check?
>
> hmm not sure on that, I think though it isn't just for close combat
but
> for weapons that cause a panic check.

Look it up ( I'm too lazy today :P )

> > Also, on non penetrating hit, I'd give a chance of this happening.
>
> What kind of armour would you give it? I assume you mean list it in
the
> D6 roll that you make for that. We have a house rule on exposed
weapons
> on Gears that instead of a mobility hit, they take a weapons hit on
> exposed weapons with a D6 armour rating. Weapon is randomly chosen if
it
> fails.

Something like that. And just give it a D6 as armour roll, since
apparantly some weak spot got hit?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6xRErJXH58oo6ncURAjS7AJ0e7BYrgFnKUxLPVja0s35hGNtqZQCgxdDu
+b/77hv4NHgHGXNvymhf4lQ=
=2GlD

Prev: Re: [FT] Rules Questions Next: Re: Wargame Table Question