Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:11:47 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

On 30-Mar-01 at 16:53, Bif Smith (bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk) wrote:

> [...]
The
> other thing about large ships is they should cost more to build in the
> first place due to the longer construction times and the interest on
the
> capitol to build them. This would be a way a capitol ship would cost
more
> than a escort. I leave better minds than mine to work out the figures
<G>.

The problem here is bigger ships cost less per ton than smaller ships.
Otherwise why would oil companies build super-tankers?	In a one-off
game expect big ships unless something artificial is done to stop
them.  In our campaign we limited big ships with upkeep costs
of (Mass * .06)^1.6 in NPV.  This was pretty bogus also but we wanted
to force smaller ships and the upkeep on my BDN was painful.

Prev: Re: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting