Prev: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question Next: Re: CA question

Re: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:22:35 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #5: AFHAWKS End

In message
<6B3C0EEAB4FED3119F5F009027DC5E9E01D72FA6@spacemsg3.jhuapl.edu>
	  "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> Here's what I have for consensus on AFHAWKS. Let me know if this is
> unsatisfactory:
>
> AF-SMLs (or AFHAWKS) [BIF, GZG-LISTers] (24-Dec-00) WotW #5
> Mass/Cost= 1/3
> Effect:
>     Vs. ships: None
>     Vs. Fighters and missiles: as KV Scattergun
>     Vs. PBs,	Roll D6 4, 5 knocks it down by 1 and 6 does 2
which is the same as a Scattergun :-)
> Range=6 MU, All arcs OR 9 MU in arcs of SML.
One question is that 'range 9 mu in 3 arcs of SML and range 6 mu in
other 3 arcs' or do we have to chose 9 mu + 3 arcs or 6 mu + 6 arcs when
we buy the weapon? (I hope thats clear).

> Salvo type must be selected during order-writing phase. Fires in PDS
phase.
> Requires Firecon.
> Can fire as ADFC.
> PSB: Intercepts fighters with short duration high accuracy drives and
> electronics. Light warhead
> is ineffective vs. ships, but kills fighters effectively.
>
> Variant interpretation has reduced effectiveness vs. missiles (50%),
and
> increased effectiveness vs. Heavy fighters (ingores heavy "screen"
bonus).
> AFHAWKS do not have to be selected during written orders, but salvo
cant be
> fired if launcher has fired other missile types during missile phase.
>
> Comments:
> Weapon stats reflect WotW discussion.
>

> -Noam

Apart from my query looks fine.

Prev: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question Next: Re: CA question