Prev: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku Next: [SG2] New 25mm Miniature Line

Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

From: Shawn M Mininger <smininger@y...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:53:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Actually, the last time we played, we used the
'canned' ships right out of the book, due to time
limitations....heh heh heh.  It was kind of funny
actually.  I won all three battles.  I was talking to
another buddy of mine that was there and he mentioned
that maybe having to actually manuever and use tactics
was a new thing for him!!!

Persistance paid off in the end!!

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:
> I wrote this, wondering why shawn lets himself get
> abused, friend or no
> friend :
>
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:51:58 -0800 (PST) Shawn M
> Mininger
> <smininger@yahoo.com> writes:
> <snip>
> >Big ships are just plain more
> effecient.......unless
> >you build in artificail limits into the game.  My
> >friend is not so willing to accept artificial
> limits
> >because he says it's not fair to favor my style of
> of
> >play over his.
> >

> Shawn, that's crap.  It's okay to let *his* style
> (if I may use that
> word) of 'play' be favored (i.e., he wins all the
> time and thinks he's a
> great FT player) over yours??
>
> What sauce for the Goose is sauce for the Gander.
>
> <snip the tirade I wanted to avoid (held this
> overnight - sometimes I act
> smart, not often.)>
>
> But OI see Shawn finally put his foot down and said
> 'enough.'  I can only
> hope this guy sees the fun one can have
> winning/losing/playing without
> the power game stuff..   Maybe some day he'll
> recognize this and
> privately thank you for this.
>

> Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
> You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even
> human!
> Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
> Starguard, Dirtside 2,  Ratner's Space Marines,
> Stellar Conflicts
> and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is
> everything!

> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for
> less!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

=====
Thank You,

Shawn M Mininger

Prev: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku Next: [SG2] New 25mm Miniature Line