Prev: FT-WotW AFSML`s Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

Re: Close Assaullt

From: Kevin Balentine <balentine_media@y...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:02:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Close Assaullt

That's the way it should be. One PA trooper is worth
two regulars, that's pratically spelled out in the
rules. In this instance, the reg and vet squaddies
were "outnumbered" 12 to 10.

I think Confidence Checks are a better way to handle
the "ganging up" factor than additional die shifts in
the combat.  I think it's more realistic that a single
veteran would *not* close assault 10 greens than just
making it tough once he gets there.

I wouldn't mind a house rule that the odds should
factor into the attacker's and the defender's check
before close assault. That way, a squad that's got a
real numbers advantage would be more likely to assault
than one that's outnumbered 2 to 1 or more.