Prev: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

Re: WotD Laser Targeting

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:26:37 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Roger Books wrote:

> Have you read Los's Rot Hafen story?	Look at the equipment issued
> and realize Los is in the business to know.  We are already talking
> rifles with grenade launchers that you laser-rangefind the distance
> to set it off, HUD's, multi-frequency commo gear for everyone, IR
> and light enhancement with map projections working with GPS systems.
> Giving them a setting so that laser-rangerfinder can paint a target
> would be a trivial addition.	You could even modulate the beam
> so each has a unique binary pattern.	When Joe Smith (SN333-44-5555)
> calls for artillery the incoming is set to look for his particular
> code.

Makes sense :) So, how would we then handle indirect fire, laser-guided
GMS?

Cheers,

  Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6xLPBJXH58oo6ncURAr4gAJ93udIhrVyQYsi+kjp0Hr4L/oyIbQCeINY8
3KthZTwp0fuCb0TVJZSSRpA=
=C2m6

Prev: Re: Customized Sa'Vasku Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting